In no particular order:
- Woah. I know this didn’t break the 2 hour wall, but hot damn, that’s fast. 4:36 pace for 26.2? It’s almost unbelievable.
- Eluid Kipchoge, Lelisa Desisa, and Zersensay Tadese deserve some time off. Way to go for even attempting the feat.
- Congratulations to Kipchoge for making it sooooo close. I think he beat a lot of predictions by the naysayers. Given this result, I’m sure the world record will officially fall in the next year, too. It does remove a mental block.
- The temperature seemed right, but I was surprised at the high humidity. 74% is a decent amount, even if the dew point was still okay. I wonder if less humidity would have made a difference
- I have respect for all the pacers… they were a valuable contribution to this effort and don’t share any of the limelight
- How many people outside the running community care that this attempt even happened?
- How many people followed it live? I didn’t… I was still sleeping when they started, and had places to go and no time to turn on the computer
- I wonder if crowd support would have helped? Or just made them more nervous?
- I wonder how much was the shoes.
- It’s inspiring, but the blistering speed all but inspires me to go out for a long run. Maybe a few hundred meters.
Happy weekend of running and all else.